Making money with a gutter machine

making money with a gutter machine

And, if you are married, you will undoubtedly need the strong support of your spouse. The seamless gutter industry is not a new technology just being introduced into the housing market. What happens if the housing market slows down? Metal gutters have about the same lifespan as a shingle roof. Other great ways to build your business are good communication, good customer service, and offering a good quality product. What equipment do you have to buy trucks, trailers, gutter machine, other machines, hand tools, handling equipment, office equipment, supplies, gutter coil, other inventory, etc. How are you going to find a place for your company in the market?

1. Take Kids to School

Jump to. Sections of this page. Accessibility help. Email or Phone Password Forgotten account? See more of Twitter Money Machine on Facebook.

Planning your Gutter Business

making money with a gutter machine
Forum Rules. This website or its third-party tools process personal data e. To learn more, please refer to the cookie policy. In case of sale of your personal information, you may opt out by sending us an email via our Contact Us page. To find out more about the categories of personal information collected and the purposes for which such information will be used, please refer to our privacy policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by closing or dismissing this notice, by scrolling this page, by clicking a link or button or by continuing to browse otherwise. The latest industry news—straight to your inbox.

Search form

Forum Rules. This website or its third-party tools process personal data e. To learn more, please refer to the cookie policy. In case of sale of your personal information, you may opt out by sending us an email via our Contact Us page. To find out more about the categories of personal information collected and the purposes for which such information will be used, please refer to our privacy policy.

You accept the mschine of cookies or other identifiers by closing or dismissing this notice, by scrolling this page, by clicking a link or button or by continuing to browse. The latest industry news—straight to your inbox. Sign up for our eNewsletter now to stay in-the-know. We’ll bring you the most relevant peer-to-peer conversations happening in the trade witth tips and tricks to help you gurter the job.

Invalid email. This is required. Login to Your Account. Remember Me? Register Forgot password? What’s New? Last Jump to page: Results 1 to 20 of Thread: Making money from CNC? Thread Tools Show Printable Version. Making money from CNC? I am completely new to CNC. I do not harbor any illusions that a person of my skill level, a beginner garage machinist, can make a comfortable living by competing with millions of underpaid Chinese workers, or to make more money than I make machne my day computer job which I love.

What I was hoping for is just to make a bit of money on the side with a CNC mill, making and selling some hard to find machine parts or doodads. An example could be making replacement compound slides for a lathe, for instance. I would try to sell those on ebay. Has anyone ever attempted doing something of mqking sort.

Thanks i. I ask myself long and hard every day to figure a way out of this business. To be right honest, some people love it, some people just do it. Sure seems there is a doodad machinist making money with a gutter machine every 5 min.

I learned quickly that there is. Many turn and burn in the garage making some elaborate pieces that sell for scrap price.

We get asked constantly why we do not make this and. My response is «and what does it cost retail? Sorry, I am bitter today. SRT Mike liked this post. Will you make any money Possibly yes. Will you make any profit Probably not.

At least not without a depth of knowledge. And that don’t come overnight. I’m in Vipers bitter club. Originally Posted by viper.

Originally Posted by jim. I’ve often thought about going this route Buy a worn-out Haas makiny other and plunk it in my garage. Someone also has to do the paper work. So, in the process of wearing these other «hats», you may end up in a situation you never really bargained.

IF and only if you can afford the machine without making any gugter from it, then it sounds like a good idea.

Don’t listen to all the negatives. If you want to do it, then by all means DO IT. If you happen to make a little money along the way, then that’s a bonus. I have reached a point in my life where I don’t have to work any more, but I do it because I love it. Someone once told me to pick a job that I would pay someone to let me do, and I have found it. I love CNC machining, and I would pay someone to let me do it.

I make parts now for my own stable of remote control race boats, and that’s what I will continue to. If I happen to sell some along the way, good for me. If not, then that’s just too bad. Originally Posted by ichudov. I was thinking in very simple terms, I would only make what is easy to sell on ebay.

I have been selling this and that on ebay for years and it is not very complicated. This is, of course, purely hypothetical. I am just asking at this point. As being one that walked those shoes years ago, I will say that you WILL miss some things in that picture. It sure sounds great to fire the machine up and it cranks out parts for you. IN reality, they need babysitters and every thing costs big bucks. I am confident you are missing some stuff just by lack of experience.

Paper work, advertising, yapping on the phone, fixing machines, tooling costs. I want to walk away everyday Know folks in this business machind have gone from working for some company to doping their own shop. Usually on a part time basis to begindoing odds and ends until their work load became gtter to support them full time.

However the common thread in all this is almost always that makiny have had exposure in the trade. This is a complex business. Having a CNC mill is the easy part, just like buying a computer. In hobby terms seems like a fine idea, if you can make a bit of cash doing odd work fine. Just don’t make that your target for the immediate future!

As to a product I would look in another direction. Follow a personal interest like cars or boats or motorcycles Stay with cosmetic stuff to start. Get your foot in the door and build a reputation for fast reliable and fairly priced work Cheers Ross. You are definitely starting out with many advantages. You have a day job that you enjoy that pays the bills, and low overhead.

So moeny you make mistakes starting out, and we all do, they won’t make you bankrupt. Good luck and happy machining! Also you have the help here on PM, you might even find someone local to you that can give hands on teaching for the price of a few beers and a pizza.

In computers, at least, there are numerous ways to make money whereby the computers do preprogrammed maxhine and people just attend it a little bit. For example, some websites fit this description. I have several projects that have been making money for me year after year. After 15 years in the machine shop I bailed and ended up an independent IT consultant. What was a hobby became my career. That was 10 years ago. With the steady decline of manufacturing in the US, it has become a buyer’s market for machine tools and supplies.

What have I made so far? Modifications and parts to support my motorcycle obsession. Maybe I come up with the next great accessory that enough people gotta have that I make some money, maybe not. It’s what I’ve always done since I was a kid. With that attitude, I can’t lose. I will certainly have some of the more unique stuff you’ll find on a trackday bike or woods bike.

Money making machine

The installation division, Miles of Seamless Gutter, also performs roofing jobs from makng repairs to large commercial projects. But experience teaches them to choose clients wisely. General contractors? How will it affect you? September Any idea of material cost per foot and what a ballpark charge mpney foot is in my area or yours? Discussion in ‘ General Industry Discussions ‘ started by jrock32Dec 30, In this day and age, no single business model can guarantee success. Shockwave Jam.

Comments